The Therapeutic Goods Administration, or TGA is a division of the Australian Government Department of Health. The TGA is responsible for regulating therapeutic goods, like prescription medicines, vaccines, sunscreens, vitamins and minerals, medical devices, blood and blood products. For almost any of these products to be supplied in Australia, it must be registered with the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG).
The Therapeutic Goods Administration is responsible for ensuring therapeutic goods available in Australia are safe and fit for their intended use. Australians rely on many of these goods for daily use, including vitamin tablets, sunscreens, and goods used to treat serious conditions, such as prescription medicines, vaccines, blood products and surgical implants.
The TGA regulates the supply, manufacturing and advertising of:
- prescription medicines (prescribed by a doctor or dentist)
- Over the counter medicine
- General available medicines at the pharmacy or supermarket
- alternative medicines, including vitamins, herbal and traditional medicines
- medical devices, both simple and complex (i.e. from bandages to pacemakers)
- products used to test for various diseases or conditions (in vitro diagnostic devices), such as blood tests; and
- vaccines, blood products, and other biologics.
How Can Contract Laboratory help with Therapeutic Goods Administration Testing Standards?
Contract Laboratory has helped pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies find organizations and laboratories to perform testing up to TGA standards.
Need a TGA Standard Testing?
Does your company need a laboratory or Contract Research Organization CRO for TGA standard certification or studies? Contract Laboratory’s outsourcing and business development teams can help! Simply complete our Laboratory Request form.
Does your Preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO or Laboratory Perform TGA Standard Testing?
Does your contract research organization CRO or preclinical laboratory perform testing for TGA standards? Please let Contract Laboratory ‘s outsourcing and business development teams know! Complete our Contact Us form and tell us about your capabilities or Create Free Account